Home :: Planning :: Ceremony Readings :: Cherokee Prayer
God in heaven above
please protect the ones we love.
We honor all you created as we pledge
our hearts and lives together.
We honor mother-earth
- and ask for our marriage to be abundant
and grow stronger through the seasons;
We honor fire
- and ask that our union be warm
and glowing with love in our hearts;
We honor wind
- and ask we sail though life
safe and calm as in our father's arms;
We honor water
- to clean and soothe our relationship
- that it may never thirsts for love;
With all the forces of the universe you created,
we pray for harmony and true happiness as we forever grow young together.