Home :: Planning :: Theme Weddings :: Irish Theme
Irish wedding themes have become more and more popular in recent years. Below are some ideas on how to create an Irish Themed Wedding:
Photo Courtesy of Tamara's
- Wedding gown with irish lace
- A mantilla made of irish lace
- A wedding veil with a Celtic Knot detail
- Flower girl wearing a flower wreath with trailing green and white ribbons
- Carry a hankerchief made of old Irish linen
- A decorated cake (such as shown in the above picture)
- Clover bunches in flowerpots
- Buy or make a black pot and fill with gold foil chocolate coins.
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
- Some shade of green
- Blue (the color is symbolic for good luck for the Irish and was once Ireland's national color)
- Gold foil covered chocolate coins.
- Small terra cotta pots filled with wildflower seeds (decorate pots with shamrocks and rainbows)
- Dance to an Irish Jig during the reception!
- Exchange Claddagh rings. On the Claddagh, the hands mean friendship, the crown means loyalty, and the heart means love
- Irish tradition calls for the bride to carry a horseshoe down the aisle for good luck. Many Irish store sell small horseshoe pins for this purpose.
If you are having a wedding theme and need ideas, or want to add to any of these lists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!