Home :: Planning :: Theme Weddings :: Valentine Theme
Valentine's Day is one of the most romantic days of the year and combined with a romantic wedding - it couldn't be any more perfect! Below are some ideas on how to create a Valentine Themed Wedding:
- White or ivory dress edged in lace
- Bridesmaids dressed in red or pink
- Men wear red or pink accents with their attire (red or pink tie, red or pink cumberbund, etc.)
- A tiered, heart shape cake with pink or red accents
- A champagne fountain either under a tiered cake or on the cake table adds a romantic touch
- A heart-shaped cake toppper.
- Vases of flowers in your wedding colors.
- Heart-shaped floating candles.
- Heart-shaped topiaries.
- Red and white balloon centerpieces
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
- Decorated heart-shaped cookies
- A heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Heart-shaped chocolates wrapped in white tulle, then finished off with a red ribbon.
- Heart-shaped candies wrapped in tulle, placed in a glassine bag or a small decorated gift box.
- Pass out single long stemmed roses to all the female guests (one suggestion we received said that they handed them out during a slow dance!).
- Heart-shaped cookie sandwiches with white, pink or red filling (this suggestion came from someone who said they made approximately 3 for every person, and they were gone *very* quickly!)
- Silver and red Hershey Kisses wrapped in tulle, placed in glassine boxes or placed in small favor boxes; wrap with white and red curled ribbon.
- Heart-shaped candles, either placed in a votive holder or wrapped in tulle.
- Dark red roses
- All white roses
- Any deep red, pink or pure white flowers
- Have your florist shape the bouquets into heart shapes
- Make ice in a heart-shaped mold to put in the punch bowl.
- Scatter red and silver wrapped Hershey Kisses on the tables.
- Scatter red and white rose petals on the tables.
- Have your ring bearer carry a heart-shaped ring pillow, and your flower girl carry a heart-shaped basket.
If you are having a wedding theme and need ideas, or want to add to any of these lists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!